Sunday, May 9, 2010

La Gruta - Hot Springs

















One of our weekly entertainments is heading to La Gruta - the hot springs on the outskirts of town. These are natural mineral springs that are in pools. There are several places taping into these underground springs and our favorite is La Gruta. Here you will see pictures of the long tunnel that goes between the hot and very hot inner cave where several times each day there is a hot shower that we take turns standing under which creates a massage feeling as it hits the body - great for after one of our intense yoga classes. So....remember when you come and visit that you must bring your swim suits.


















































I am now winding down from my 3 weeks of intense spanish in the past tense. I am making progress and next will be a 3 week private conversation class with the same teacher. I figure if she makes me talk I will do it and get used to trying to speak. Writing is much easier than speaking but as they remind me it is "poco a poco".
These other pictures are of dancing in the park one afternoon and one of several walls of sun in one of the local hotel/apartment complexes.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, as always...that is some of the bluest water I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete