Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jardin Botanico and the colorful life

Now we have been here for one month. It seems amazing to me that we still have most of a year to go. Our lives are full of daily and weekly activity. The first picture is a collage postcard that I just sent to NC. I belong (have for close to 5 years) to a postcard group and each month I send one postcard and receive one. The only requirement is that they be hand made. For me it is a good chance to do some artwork each month. In this case, I painted a piece of paper and then cut it up and glued it on a card that I painted.Then I outlined the buildings and sidewalk with a black pen. It is very much like the typical street seen we see around every corner. Next is the street outside a shop that sells wool rugs and the colorful yarns caught my eye.



The Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanico) is right in town - high up along a canyon. We have been there many times but just recently discovered that we could walk across the dam to the otherside and have a completely different view and experience. The colors of green in the fields were amazing. A good friend Agnes goes every Saturday and I will join her every other week. (The opposite Saturdays I will go to Zumba in the park).
A cactus heart wishing you LOVE.





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful postcard painting, Susita! The colors make you feel the warmth of Mexico too!

    ReplyDelete